In one of the most bizarre instances I have ever witnessed, my computer was out of commission for a couple days. As the result of a “maintenance accident” at the church my laptop screen ended up with a hole in the screen – as the result of a generous person who had an older version of the same laptop which they no longer used and because said person has mad computer skills they swapped their screen for my screen…for FREE!!! I was reminded in one incident that God both has a sense of humor and that God provides! The previous story lays out why I am a little delayed in getting this information to you:) I wanted to provide a few quick thoughts and links in conjunction with last weekends sermon on Finances:
- I love preaching on finances because our people love to think responsibly and biblically.
- In light of my past experience, current situation and future hopes and dreams what financial things do I need to do?
- Our Christmas offering finished at over $52,000 – thanks for your generosity!!!!
- If you missed last weekends message you can listen here.
- If you would like a link to a FREE budget form just click here.
- If you are looking for good biblical financial advice I recommend this guy and this guy.
- A HUGE blessing to Parkview has been the addition of automated and online giving. If you would like to make your giving easy, a priority and a blessing you can click here to sign up or get more info. A special thanks to so many who already give through automated giving!!!
- Do you want to give away a car? I can’t tell you how many times this has happened at Parkview! Here is the story: Peter had a spinal stroke, quadruple bypass, a pancreas and kidney transplant and is an amputee. He is ministered to by a very caring family in our church who love him deeply. Oh, did I mention Peter is only 42! Peter is in need of a car. If you or someone you know have an extra car and would like more info you can contact me email@example.com. Please pause for a second and pray for God to have His way.
- I look forward to the opportunity that I have and our church has to be generous in 2014!!!
- Work hard
- Create margin
- Have a plan
- Give generously
I CAN’T WAIT to close out our series this weekend!!!! It is going to be an incredible weekend as we focus on the importance of relationships this coming year!!! I don’t remember the last time I was looking forward to preaching a sermon that has such potential to change our inner personal relationships.
WHATEVER YOU DO I would do my best to get to one of our 5 services!!!! Palm Coast: Sat 6pm, Sun 9, 10:15, 11:30am or St. Augustine Sun 10am.
As I stated this past weekend, I love January 1st’s!
I loved the launch of our new series: 3 - Fitness, Finances and Friends. These are the big 3 that seem to get mentioned when people talk resolutions and revolutions. As a way to further help, encourage, and resource our church family, I wanted to provide what I believe will be some very helpful resources. We had a phenomenal weekend talking about how we were made by Him and for His glory – my body for His glory.
- In case you missed it, click here to listen to last weekends message. Pastor John Mark preached Sat night in PC and Sun morning in St. Aug, and I preached Sun morning in PC. I appreciate JM’s message and help communicating!!
- Click here to listen to Rick and Carol Siboni’s story – I am so PROUD of them!!!
- If you would like to get more info on Carol’s health coaching, you can get info here.
- James and Jenni Allen are amazing friends and a help to so many in our congregation. A special thanks to them for being in all 4 of our services!! They specialize in boot camps Mon, Wed and Fri at 5:30am or 9:00am and personalized training. If you would like more info on their services, please visit them on their website.
- I appreciate the generous offer that Atlantic Fitness makes to Parkview people. $14.95/month with no sign up fee, no contract and no cancellation fee. Atlantic Fitness is right across from Houligans and Outback. They just remodeled and have some great equipment. You can click here to visit their website and request more info. The owners, Lou and Wyndi Salvagio, are a part of our Parkview family.
- I mentioned in a couple services that Mrs. Terry Williams leads a quit smoking program, and a new class begins this Thurs night Jan. 9th at the hospital on Hwy 100. The class is FREE and is from 5:30-7:00pm. Call (877)784-8486 to sign up.
- If you have any addiction or habit that does not glorify God and is detrimental to your long term health, PLEASE go check out Celebrate Recovery!! This is an amazing program that meets on Fri nights. Check out this info and discover more about them.
- I have also heard great things about Rick Warren’s new book The Daniel Plan. It came out immediately on the NY Times best seller list. Here it is on Amazon.
I wanted to send this email to our entire email list because I have a desire to help you in any way possible, and I want 2014 to be your best year ever!! Please let me know if I can serve you in any way.