What better way to lift your mood after all this rain than to have a spirit lifting, mind jumping, mood altering worship experience this weekend!!! Because I just received an email notifying me that all ball fields in the city are closed this weekend, I wanted to let you know church will still be open!!!
I promise you the service this weekend will be a shot in your spiritual arm. We have something planned that I have been looking forward to for weeks!!! While I encourage you not to miss this weekend, let me also share a few other matters with you:
- Please continue to pray for our St. Augustine Campus. Our soft launch last weekend exceeded my expectations!! It is so evident that the Lord is at work!!!
- If you have students be sure to get them signed up for camp before all the spots fill up. Love what God is doing in our family ministry.
- A special thanks to all those who have sponsored kids to go to camp.
- For all those who faithfully serve in any ministry – thanks for showing up every time; thanks for showing up on time; thanks for loving the people you are serving; thanks for doing it for the glory of God. Life Change happens because of your faithfulness!!!!
- Many of you have been praying for Jennifer Barnnett. Jennifer and her family attended Parkview very faithfully before being relocated out of the state. Just a few months ago at the age of 28 Jennifer had a massive stroke. Jennifer’s best friend Rochelle Stone, who attends Parkview, is hosting a walk to raise funds for Jennifer’s care. Click here to read Jennifer’s story and to get more info about the walk.
- Looking forward to our night of worship May 19th. I would get there early!!!!!
- I am thankful for our elders, staff and leaders who have such a heart for people and a love for God!
- An extra special thanks to all those who don’t attend the 10:15am service – thanks so much for freeing space for guests!!!
- Look for people in church you don’t know, introduce yourself and make everyone feel loved!!!!!
Hope to see you this weekend – Sat 6pm, Sun 9, 10:15, 11:30!!!! I promise you will be blessed!!!!
Just a few updates on where things are with our children’s building:
- Our Christmas offering was the catalyst to get us started down the path of building a children’s building. That investment by our congregation has served as our “getting started” fund.
- Much of our work has been centered around working on getting some of our wetlands reclassified as uplands and giving us plenty of space to build the building (and perhaps an additional building later down the road).
- All the effort towards gaining uplands has gone very well so far.
- This is a time consuming process but very needed!
- This week I met with a city engineer, city environmental planner, our biologist and member of our church who has worked in this field. The meeting went well.
- The next step is to have the biologist meet with St. Johns River Water Management District. This is a key meeting, One we hope to have next week.
- I am uncertain of how long the process is with St. Johns but from what I understand it shouldn’t be months but rather weeks once we meet.
- Once St. Johns gives us direction we would need to have an updated survey done on our property.
- I spoke with our engineer by phone. He will develop our site plan once St. Johns gives us some direction.
- The site plan would then have to be reviewed by the city.
- I met with our architect tonight and he will work with the engineer once the site plan is approved.
- I would estimate it being at least a couple months before we get approval on the site plan; maybe sooner but i know how these things tend to work:)
- Our building team is very encouraged about the outlook for gaining more uplands. This would be a huge help and blessing!!
- Please be prayerful in regards to this whole endeavor.
- They didn’t teach me any of this in Bible College:) I appreciate our building team and the professionals the Lord has brought our way!
A couple weeks ago I announced that we had been in discussion with the leadership and congregation of GracePointe Baptist Church in St. Augustine about them merging with Parkview and us opening a Parkview campus in St. Augustine. The process has gone very smoothly and yet entails much work, especially as we get closer. In order to communicate as clearly as possible and for you to pray as specifically as possible, I would like to give a random fire, in no order, list of details and info:
- The people of GracePointe are very excited about our future together. Several families were at one of our Easter services in Palm Coast.
- I think very highly of their pastor and elders: John Mark, Jim and Phil. They all have a heart for God and a desire to expand the kingdom.
- Both churches are committed to join together for the mission of Life Change.
- As I already mentioned in a previous announcement, it looks like a very strong possibility that we will be relocating the campus to HWY 312 2 blocks west of US 1.
- Today I spoke to our engineer helping with permitting the new facility, the new landlord, the current landlord, attorney Dennis Bayer (who is a Christ follower) and John Mark on a conference call; John Mark a couple times, one of GracePointe’s elders, our staff regarding the merger and I am sure another person or two in regards to the merger:)
- GracePointe votes this Sunday April 7th. If they approve the merger with a vote their elders would in an official act ratify the vote in documentation, in an official act through documentation by our elders we would receive the merge. GracePointe would then meet 2 more weeks as GracePointe and they would reflect, process and celebrate what God has done in the past and with prayerful expectation look forward to what He will do in the future. Attorney, Dennis Bayer, is helping us make sure we dot our “i’s” and cross our “t’s”.
- John Mark will be joining our staff team and will serve FT as the Campus Pastor in St. Aug. He will also help in church-wide ministry.
- April 28th Parkview would begin functioning as one church in 2 locations.
- April 28th would be a “soft launch” and the Sunday before school starts in August would be the “hard launch”
- Once GracePointe approves the merger (I talk with said language based on their strong indication of doing so) then I would prayerfully seek out 10 families that would desire to commit a minimum of 12 months to go on mission and worship/serve at Parkview St. Augustine. I say minimum because I am not certain what the Lord might lay on anybody’s heart beyond the 12 month commitment.
- It looks like the St. Aug campus would move in to the new location around June 1. That give us 6 or 7 weeks from signing a lease to paint, put in new flooring, get audio/video installed and do all the things to retro a storefront into a worship center. I am actually encouraged at all we can do and the cost for which it can be done. The space was formerly a dance studio so it is wide open and no destruction is needed.
- Friday we meet with the audio/video engineer at our potential new location. The same gentlemen we worked with when we expanded our auditorium.
- We have not signed a lease on the new facility but would anticipate perhaps doing so next week. We are still doing our due diligence with architect, engineer and the county.
- The same architect volunteering his services with the St. Aug relocation is the same architect helping us with the Children’s building design for the Palm Coast campus. While on the children’s building – we had a wetlands meeting scheduled with a bunch of official people this past week and because one of the key players had a death in the family, we had to reschedule the meeting and because so many people are involved that has been rescheduled for Mon, April 15th. Once the wetland boundary is established then we can move forward with size, shape and location (all design stuff) of the building.
- It is late, I have worked a long day and my pillow is calling my name. If you have any questions please email me at email@example.com
- For the glory of God, the sake of the gospel and the advancement of the kingdom!!!!
- One last thing – I love my job and the people I serve with!!!!!